bjj canada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the practitioners of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to share advice on training, equipment, etc. So that we can all become better.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kids in BJJ

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GirlJitsu

GirlJitsu

Kids in BJJ Empty
PostSubject: Kids in BJJ   Kids in BJJ Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:06 am

I love being a part of the kids' BJJ classes at our club. For one, it is wonderful to see kids learning techniques at such a young age. Not to mention fair play, respect and discipline! Plus they are just a bunch of little cuties in their gis!

Today, a number of kids got stripes on their belts. I wasn't there for it (damn you, work!) but I am SO proud of them I could cry. Although someday they're probably going to be the ones making me cry...and tap out. Haha. Some of them have already competed in tournaments, others just go because a sibling does or their parents want them to. No matter why they're there, I'm just happy to see the future of the club in them.
Back to top Go down
tantantanuki

tantantanuki

Kids in BJJ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kids in BJJ   Kids in BJJ Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:50 am

Yeah, I think it must be pretty amazing for kids to grow up with bjj as a part of their lives. I came to it late in life but it has had a huge influence on me. It has become one of my main sources of character development. I am soooo jealous of the kids training from a young age.

I know what you mean about the kids being cute too. Once in a while a kid comes to train at our club. He's between 8 and 10. It is cool watching him learn and grow. And yeah, it is only a matter of time before he'll be snapping surprise arm-bars on me.

In this video Ed O'neill talks about his BJJ Journey. Most of the interview is about how Ed got introduced to BJJ. But at the end he speaks about training with Rorion's sons as kids (aka the wolf pups). Funny stuff.

: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSSt5OQ4zHc
Back to top Go down

Kids in BJJ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
bjj canada :: General :: Bjj-
Jump to: