bjj canada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the practitioners of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to share advice on training, equipment, etc. So that we can all become better.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Breaking the grips for an armbar?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BjjBenoit
Admin
BjjBenoit

Breaking the grips for an armbar? Empty
PostSubject: Breaking the grips for an armbar?   Breaking the grips for an armbar? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:22 pm

Here is a video that shows some good hints for breaking the grips when arm baring an opponent.

other than these techniques I have found some success by twisting the persons arm towards their head while pushing my legs into their opposite arm.

Do you have any other tips that work?
Back to top Go down
https://bjjcanada.canadian-forum.com
GirlJitsu

GirlJitsu

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the grips for an armbar?   Breaking the grips for an armbar? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:21 pm

If you just pull against their grips, it's not gonna work. Well, it might eventually work, but you expend a lot of energy. One of my favorite ways to break down a grip is to get almost like a kimura grip on the arm and use both hands to break out of it. This usually only works for me when I have someone in guard and I want to isolate an arm for arm bar.
Back to top Go down
tantantanuki

tantantanuki

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the grips for an armbar?   Breaking the grips for an armbar? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:19 am

This is a 7 minute video by Keith Owen called: What is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? The Concept Behind the Martial Art. The whole video is pretty cool but I posted it here because part of the video relates to how to break a defenders grip to get an armbar (at the 5:45 minute mark). By changing the angle of attack we can force the defender to rely on weak muscle groups and make it easier to break his grip. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuN5JXd0jMU&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the grips for an armbar?   Breaking the grips for an armbar? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breaking the grips for an armbar?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
bjj canada :: Tips and Tricks :: Training-
Jump to: