bjj canada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the practitioners of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to share advice on training, equipment, etc. So that we can all become better.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Energy Drinks?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BjjBenoit
Admin
BjjBenoit

Energy Drinks? Empty
PostSubject: Energy Drinks?   Energy Drinks? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:09 pm

I personally find that taking a energy drink gives me a little boost. I prefer the energy shot over the full sized energy drink since I find that the carbination of the full size drinks makes me feel a little gassy.

My Personal Favorite is the 5hr energy shot I find it works good and that I don't get much of a crash to bad they taste horrible.

How do you feel about energy drinks and if your a fan what is your favorite?
Back to top Go down
https://bjjcanada.canadian-forum.com
GirlJitsu

GirlJitsu

Energy Drinks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Drinks?   Energy Drinks? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 2:57 pm

No offense, but I just don't think it's a good idea to use energy drinks for working out. With all the caffeine and sugar in them, your heart gets racing and if you're already working out hard, your heart is going to get strained with all that work. Also caffeine narrows your blood vessels which raises your blood pressure and makes it even worse on your heart.

Of course, I am kind of biased because energy drinks make me flushed and I get palpitations and the shakes. It's not so bad if I need them to stay awake on a long car trip or a night shift. But I can only really drink about half of a sugar-free Red Bull (which I find tastes better than the regular one).
Back to top Go down
grappelink

grappelink

Energy Drinks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Drinks?   Energy Drinks? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:02 pm

energy drinks are dangerous :
Back to top Go down
BjjBenoit
Admin
BjjBenoit

Energy Drinks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Drinks?   Energy Drinks? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:43 am

No energy drink can take me down. Although I did try one called the energy bullet and I felt like I was vibrating I was actually scared but fortunately I survived.
Back to top Go down
https://bjjcanada.canadian-forum.com
GirlJitsu

GirlJitsu

Energy Drinks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Drinks?   Energy Drinks? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:39 am

...I stand by my previous statements. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Energy Drinks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Drinks?   Energy Drinks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Energy Drinks?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
bjj canada :: Tips and Tricks :: Diet and Supplements-
Jump to: