A forum for the practitioners of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to share advice on training, equipment, etc. So that we can all become better.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

getting back on the mat...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tantantanuki

PostSubject: getting back on the mat...   Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:28 pm

Last night I finally managed to return to training...and it felt great. Like most practitioners I have a job, personal life, ups and downs. Sometimes my training suffers. Recently I have been going through one of those periods. I just haven't had much free time. And when I did have free time my ego was preventing me from getting back on the mat. Sad I didn't want to return until I was in 'better' condition. Well, after an extended period without any change in my 'condition' i realized it might end up being a long wait. So, I think what I need to do now is not worry so much about my 'condition'. That will come back with time. I should just focus on enjoying my training and learning.

It felt good to roll last night. I really want to get back to at least 2 rolls a week. Here's hoping...

Anyone else having ups and downs? How are you getting through them?

BjjBenoit
Admin

PostSubject: Re: getting back on the mat...   Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:00 pm

Nice to have you back I don't know how you survived taking that much time off I know if I miss a week I start going through withdrawals. The downs I am facing right now is the fact that I have an injured knee but I am fighting through it 'foolishly' and hopingi don't make it worse. Maybe girljitsu can relate as she is now 4 1/2 months into her 9 month pregnancy break and I really missing training.

GirlJitsu

PostSubject: Re: getting back on the mat...   Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Life definitely gets in the way sometimes...I still do attend some classes at our club, just as an observer. I'd love to be able to demonstrate some things for the class but I'd hate it if anything happened to my "little ninja". Oh well. As soon as she's born, it'll be BJJBenoit's turn to sit out for a little while...Wink

Don't get me wrong, I know I am still welcome to come and help out with classes. But I am also a full-time student and I work part-time, besides being knocked up. I didn't go to the club for a good month because my schedule was so hectic. It was good to be able to take a weekend off at the beginning of the month so that I could go and watch my teammates kick some ass in Ottawa.

Here's hoping that soon, we can get back to training the way we want...

"Little Ninja" due March 11th, 2012!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tantantanuki

PostSubject: Re: getting back on the mat...   Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:57 pm

Sounds like you guys have a lot on your plate too. Gambate (roughly translated as 'you can do it' in Japanese) Take care of that knee BB. The 60 year old 3rd degree black belt you will appreciate it. And take care of both yourself and the lil ninja JG. Smile

For me the biggest issue is work. My work hours went from 8-9 hours a day to 13 to 14. I don't really have any control over that. But some of it I am doing to myself. For example, I have started taking a few uni courses part time and I am trying to study for the GRE. So of course I have less free time (and I am always exhausted) and my training is suffering.

I am going to try to cut some corners and make more time for bjj.

GirlJitsu

PostSubject: Re: getting back on the mat...   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:06 pm

I just found out that our club will soon offer yoga and fitness classes! I'm so pumped! Now there's a way for me to go and get fit without putting the mini ninja-girl at risk. Smile

"Little Ninja" due March 11th, 2012!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: getting back on the mat...   

Back to top Go down

getting back on the mat...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
bjj canada :: Tips and Tricks :: Training-
Jump to: